Welcome ToSchweitzer Elementary School
We believe that...
- All students can learn and succeed.
- Children learn at different rates and in different ways.
- Learning is an active process.
- Learning takes place in a safe, orderly and secure environment.
- A positive, supportive environment encourages successful learning.
- Successful learning takes place when parents, teachers, support staff and students work together as partners.
- Children learn best when teachers use the most effective instructional strategies.
Points of Pride
- A Leader in Me School
- Many Student Leadership Opportunities & Student Lighthouse Team
- Adopted by the Westland Rotary
- Positive Culture and Committed Staff
- Strong Family Support through our Schweitzer Worker Bee Association
- Bright Futures afterschool program
- Afterschool enrichment opportunities such as Drama, Archery, Basketball, Floor Hockey
- One of the top two highest usages for Compass Learning
- Reading Intervention Program
- Family Nights (Bingo for Books, Picnic, Science & Math Programs, Trunk or Treat, Holiday Night)
- Student learning data monitored and shared with families through Leadership Notebooks and Leadership Day
5:00 - 6:00 pm
Schweitzer Latest News
View all images from our Unified Field Day!
Kristyn Gansen (author of the Hogar Haven series) read to all of our students today! She answered lots of questions from the students and provided insights into her writing style. View all images from this event here.
March is reading month. Schweitzer is WILD ABOUT READERS. Each grade level will make a different animal for the hallway. Kindergarten Classes made monkeys and they are bananas for books! View images of our hallway decorations.
Basketball players from Wayne Memorial High School read stories to the students at Schweitzer Elementary and answered questions they had about sports. View all images from this event.
Attendance Line: 734-419-2757
Student Hours: Full Day: 8:30 am - 3:20 pm
AM Half Day: 8:30 am -11:40 am
|‹ August 2018 ›|