Welcome ToTaft-Galloway Elementary School
The vision of Taft-Galloway Elementary is to create an engaging and safe school that inspires growth and learning for all
Taft-Galloway takes PRIDE in being:
Role models for others
Dedicated to learning
Points of Pride
- The tremendous growth in students who received small group RTI instruction in Reading
- Partnership with Wayne Youth Services, Safety Squad, Student-Led Bus Patrol,
- Reduction in office referrals and a significant increase in alternatives to suspension.
- "Girls on the Run (5k) and Community Impact Project
- Turkey Trot- collecting food for those in need and donating it to St. Mary's church.
- Angel Tree- buying Christmas gifts for needy families
- Student-led BROADCAST CREW giving Taft announcements every morning and facilitating "Brain Gym"
- TAPS Parent group is launching more parental involvement activities.
- Futures- Tutoring and Enrichment Activities / Multiple Teachers ran clubs
- Teachers are extremely hard working and educate with Strength, Honor Integrity and Perseverance.
12:30 - 2:00 pm
Taft Latest News
Taft's "Girl's on the Run" team completed a community project led by Mrs. Toni Griffith and Mrs. Laura Kinney. Taft's young ladies raised enough money to replace a much needed American flag. Not only did they raise the money and purchase the flag, the young ladies secured retired Marine Corps Veteran Mr. Bob Campbell, from Harris/Kehrer VFW Post 3323, to conduct a retiring of the old flag and the raising of the new flag. The "Girl's on the Run" team took the remainder of the funds that was raised and donated it to the Military Veterans. Mrs. Griffith and Mrs. Kinney did a wonderful job and exuded outstanding leadership and our young ladies are absolutely amazing. Taft Elementary is so proud of them!
As part of our volunteer month, Charlene Maxwell stands out for her dedication and love for the family she has at Taft Elementary.
View introduction letter from new principal Brandon C. Cox.
View all images from this event! Nancy Shaw (author of the Sheep on a Jeep books) came to Taft today for reading month.
Attendance Line: 734-419-2767
Student Hours: Full Day: 9:00 am - 3:50 pm
AM Half Day: 9:00 am -12:10 pm